access to Identity Theft Restoration Advocates who will provide comprehensive, personalized
recovery services for identity theft incidents. Our unique identity theft solution provides Protection
Plus members with all the components necessary to restore identity and prevent future incidences of
identity theft. All work done on member’s behalf is performed by qualified Privacy Advocates. Identity
Theft solutions include the following.
Identity Theft Restoration Services
Upon notification of an identity theft incident, Privacy Advocates will:
• Consult with members to determine the severity of the theft
• Prepare and overnight a customized, pre-completed, state specific “ID Recovery Kit™”
• Contact all three credit reporting agencies and obtain a free credit report
• Place fraud alerts on member’s credit records and obtain a list of creditors involved with the fraud
• Notify the appropriate bank or agency if other forms of identification (such as an ATM card,
driver’s license, social security card, or passport) were stolen or are missing, so that appropriate
action can be taken and new forms issued
• Notify local authorities of the incident and help members obtain necessary reports
• Assist with interpreting credit reports
• Provide daily credit monitoring from all three bureaus for six months to help prevent any further
IRS Identity Theft
Identity Theft is a major problem during tax season when unsuspecting taxpayers can have their tax
returns stolen via identity fraud. Protection Plus will assist Members with filling out the paperwork that
the IRS requires in order to get their return successfully filed and protection against future events.
Protection Plus assists taxpayers in the event that the IRS holds a taxpayer’s return for Identity Theft for
any of the following reasons:
• Duplicate SSN previously filed
• Preparation office redirection of funds.
• Stolen refund check.
Protection Plus will assist Members who experience problems in filing their tax return due to a
suspected identity theft incident in the following ways:
• Interact with the IRS on your behalf
• Assist in completing all required paperwork to be submitted to the IRS
• Assist in getting their tax return successfully filed
• Assist in obtaining an IRS Identity Protection PIN to prevent a future event
Once it is determined by the IRS that the taxpayer has a justifiable claim, they will be issued a PIN
number that the taxpayer must use to file their tax returns moving forward. Others will be prevented
from filing a fraudulent tax return in the Members name without the IRS Identity Protection PIN.